Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motor Coach (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Tuscany Reliability (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17/tuscany-reliability-2760.html)

Uramillionaire 11-29-2015 06:04 PM

Tuscany Reliability

Hello. I'm new on this forum. I jumped over from the Redwoods forum. I've been looking for the best RV for our Family for a while now.
I decided the Class A will be the way to go for the FiancÚ and I. She can just load up and go with her family. We love to travel a lot.
I really love the Redwoods but a trailer of any kind will be a little too much for her.

I'm in love with the '16 Tuscany 44MT. A lot of value for the money.
Is there any concerns with the newer Tuscany's?
I heard on one YouTube video a full tank should get a 1000 mile range. With a reserve that would be about a 7-8mpg average? Is that correct?
The mileage doesn't bother me with that kind of power. I'm going to be towing our 08 Chevy Suburban. It has just over 100k miles it's in great shape and it has the Neutral for towing. Why buy another 4x4 tow rig when I have one in the driveway.

Yosemitebob 12-06-2015 06:16 AM

42' of beauty. My cousin has one and he loves it. But when it says it sleeps 6, he says it really sleeps 4 comfortably. He told me to mention to you, it takes a special DMV License (over 40'), and you are limited to how far off the main interstates you can travel. He got a $456.00 ticket for being 20 miles from a interstate highway in California.

fivejackie 12-08-2015 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosemitebob (Post 22744)
42' of beauty. My cousin has one and he loves it. But when it says it sleeps 6, he says it really sleeps 4 comfortably. He told me to mention to you, it takes a special DMV License (over 40'), and you are limited to how far off the main interstates you can travel. He got a $456.00 ticket for being 20 miles from a interstate highway in California.

California for "House Cars" over 40 feet has a few laws.

Interstates and certain roads are ok to drive on. You will need a special map for these.

Residents need a Class B license, plus a medical certificate that states you can drive safely. The license is only good for 2 years and cost $34.00. Renewals requires a new medical certificate.

brianh442 12-08-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivejackie (Post 22811)
California for "House Cars" over 40 feet has a few laws.

Interstates and certain roads are ok to drive on. You will need a special map for these.

Residents need a Class B license, plus a medical certificate that states you can drive safely. The license is only good for 2 years and cost $34.00. Renewals requires a new medical certificate.

Kali-fornia, all about making you feel good while they take your money!!!

Yosemitebob 12-08-2015 04:36 PM

Yes, I do believe California is the worst, but there are many states that also have restrictions on "over 40' motor homes". No, I'm not going through every states DMV to check it out, but the driver is responsible for knowing the laws of the state he/she are in. My last Motorhome was 39' just for this reason and I live in California. I would get asked on occasion what my length was, but I never got stopped to have it checked either.

EA37TS 12-08-2015 05:00 PM

The Changin' Gears website is a good source of info on RV driver's license requirements.

RV Driver's License Requirements