Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   DRV Luxury Suites (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   Screen door & speakers 2017 M/S (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29/screen-door-speakers-2017-m-s-3971.html)

Ray & Cece 05-19-2016 10:31 PM

Screen door & speakers 2017 M/S

Has anyone had any luck mounting door closing springs on the screen door? If so could you please send pictures.
Turning off the bedroom speakers. The manual says to select a & b speakers, but for some reason that option is not selectable.

Ray & Cece
Living the Dream
Home is where we park it.

vkb 05-19-2016 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray & Cece (Post 34936)
Has anyone had any luck mounting door closing springs on the screen door? If so could you please send pictures.
Turning off the bedroom speakers. The manual says to select a & b speakers, but for some reason that option is not selectable.

Ray & Cece
Living the Dream
Home is where we park it.

Do you have the Jensen radio, in your bedroom. Our Jensen has a button in the upper left corner which controls the speaker option.

Ray & Cece 05-20-2016 12:23 AM

Receiver

Everything is controlled with a Sony multi channel AV receiver str-dh750 located in the living room above the tv.

Lostshakerofsalt 05-20-2016 01:53 AM

To turn off the bedroom speakers use the Home button on the receiver remote to go to Settings/Speaker Settings. Change the Speaker Pattern to 3/2.1 (you will still get surround when the show supports it) and then you will be able to assign the bedroom speakers (SB Assign) to B. Then the bedroom speakers will be Speaker B and will only be on when you select Speaker B on the receiver.

Ray & Cece 05-20-2016 01:34 PM

Thanks

A big thank you. I did what you said and now I can sleep when my wife is watching TV.:)

Lostshakerofsalt 05-20-2016 02:54 PM

No problem. It took a bit of experimenting to find out about the setting to disable the BR speakers. It has made for a happier life here too.

Ray & Cece 05-20-2016 03:06 PM

Now if I can get the screen door springs figured out I'll be a happy camper. We have an indoor cat and some grandchildren that visit and don't know how to close a door.

Tneagle 05-21-2016 06:08 PM

I just logged on in order to post the same screen door question. Our doors are different than what is more standard. The Camco spring kit will not work. So...looking for help also.

Tneagle 05-23-2016 01:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This is what I did. From Tractor Supply - 1 pack of springs 5/16" Dia. x 6" long x .028 wire Dia. (2 per pack but only used 1)
1 small piece of Velcro (that would be the black thing in the photo)
Works like a charm. Not powerful enough to latch the door closed but good enough to close it.

Joezilla 05-24-2016 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tneagle (Post 35286)
This is what I did. From Tractor Supply - 1 pack of springs 5/16" Dia. x 6" long x .028 wire Dia. (2 per pack but only used 1)
1 small piece of Velcro (that would be the black thing in the photo)
Works like a charm. Not powerful enough to latch the door closed but good enough to close it.

I like the looks of that. I am not happy with how our screen door latches or operates right now. I may go by Tractor Supply tomorrow for a look see.

Joe