Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself | Say Hello (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f3/)
-   -   Newbie RV dreamin' (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f3/newbie-rv-dreamin-5220.html)

MountainWhisper 09-21-2016 06:37 PM

Newbie RV dreamin'
 
Hi my husband and I have been exploring the idea of RVing for many years. We have looked at class A's but don't like the challenges with driving, parking etc. We recently spied a Thor Vegas in a parking lot, looked it up and were impressed with what it has to offer. We would also like to flat tow a Jeep so we can go exploring/off the beaten path. We want to purchase in a year or so. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this wonderful forum rich in experienced RVer's. Thank you to the forum and all who participate!!:)

gbrown 09-21-2016 06:40 PM

Welcome aboard. You have made a wise choice to pick the Axis/Vegas. They are pure FUN!

Jegdrum5050 09-21-2016 07:31 PM

Welcome and good luck in the RV hunt !!

MountainWhisper 09-21-2016 10:07 PM

Thank you! Good to hear you are enjoying your Vegas!

MountainWhisper 09-21-2016 10:08 PM

Thank you Jegdrum5050! The hunt is kinda of a hobby at this point. Fun!

bevedfelker 09-21-2016 10:09 PM

To learn more about Vegas systems you can go to the Motorhome Tech Topics area of the forum and go to the first thread. It contains a link to the Vegas/Axis owners manual I compiled. Go to the link and you can download it as a MS Word or PDF file. I designed the manual as a self,-learning guide.

Mr Sunshine 09-22-2016 12:19 AM

Welcome! Your homework will pay off when you are ready to make a purchase.

We chose the Vegas to downsize from our previous coach, a 33' Class A gas. Two summers later, we know we made the right choice. Smaller units had some appeal but involved too many sacrifices, or were more than we wanted to spend (diesels).

This forum has been a wealth of knowledge! Stay tuned...

vkb 09-22-2016 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainWhisper (Post 46532)
Hi my husband and I have been exploring the idea of RVing for many years. We have looked at class A's but don't like the challenges with driving, parking etc. We recently spied a Thor Vegas in a parking lot, looked it up and were impressed with what it has to offer. We would also like to flat tow a Jeep so we can go exploring/off the beaten path. We want to purchase in a year or so. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this wonderful forum rich in experienced RVer's. Thank you to the forum and all who participate!!:)

We LOVE OUR AXIS !! Enjoy your search for the right RV for the you two ! Explore all the floorplans and re-explore !
Feel free to ask all the questions you might come up with !

Kay

DocMike 09-22-2016 02:22 AM

Welcome to the Forum. We have had 16 months with our Vegas and after getting some odds and ends taken care of in the first several months it has been a great addition to our life...getting to enjoy some good Trout fishing with beautiful sunrises,sunsets and campsites.

Lots of info on flat towing here on the Forum.

Save and Happy Camping.

Doc

axis earl 09-22-2016 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainWhisper (Post 46532)
Hi my husband and I have been exploring the idea of RVing for many years. We have looked at class A's but don't like the challenges with driving, parking etc. We recently spied a Thor Vegas in a parking lot, looked it up and were impressed with what it has to offer. We would also like to flat tow a Jeep so we can go exploring/off the beaten path. We want to purchase in a year or so. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this wonderful forum rich in experienced RVer's. Thank you to the forum and all who participate!!:)

We still like the floor plan, size and price of our Axis 24.1.

Larry 09-22-2016 01:09 PM

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your purchase. We love our Axis and have never regretted purchasing it. Just the right size for us and hope the 2 puppies will adjust eventually. They're 5 1/2 months old now and going to give them a try this weekend and fingers crossed we will have all the pieces intact along with our sanity when we get back home.

MountainWhisper 09-22-2016 04:09 PM

Thank you for the Vegas Manual
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bevedfelker (Post 46552)
To learn more about Vegas systems you can go to the Motorhome Tech Topics area of the forum and go to the first thread. It contains a link to the Vegas/Axis owners manual I compiled. Go to the link and you can download it as a MS Word or PDF file. I designed the manual as a self,-learning guide.

Thank you so much for compiling/writing and sharing this important information . It will be good to know before kicking tires!! Thank you again!

MountainWhisper 09-22-2016 04:21 PM

Happy puppy travels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry (Post 46590)
Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your purchase. We love our Axis and have never regretted purchasing it. Just the right size for us and hope the 2 puppies will adjust eventually. They're 5 1/2 months old now and going to give them a try this weekend and fingers crossed we will have all the pieces intact along with our sanity when we get back home.

Thank you! I'll have to look up the Axis also. Sounds like a good idea to do a trial run with the puppies. I think the biggest challenge will be dealing with all that energy. Several years ago we had a couple of bassets who were great travelers. We miss them! Now we just have our cat who tolerates it but doesn't like it at all. Happy travels!

MountainWhisper 09-22-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbrown (Post 46533)
Welcome aboard. You have made a wise choice to pick the Axis/Vegas. They are pure FUN!

Thank you! Good to hear you are enjoying your Vegas!

MountainWhisper 09-22-2016 04:42 PM

Downsizing +homework
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine (Post 46569)
Welcome! Your homework will pay off when you are ready to make a purchase.

We chose the Vegas to downsize from our previous coach, a 33' Class A gas. Two summers later, we know we made the right choice. Smaller units had some appeal but involved too many sacrifices, or were more than we wanted to spend (diesels).

This forum has been a wealth of knowledge! Stay tuned...

Thank you. I like to hear experiences from folks who have owned other types of RV's. I identify with you in that the smaller units are a bit too small for our liking and while the diesel does get better mileage the extra upfront $s doesn't seem worth it. How long would it take to spend that money on gas? It depends on traveling/driving scenarios. But you are in control of what you spend on your travels. We like flexibility and it seems the Vegas/Axis will give us that.

MountainWhisper 09-22-2016 04:46 PM

Floor plans-Axis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axis earl (Post 46585)
We still like the floor plan, size and price of our Axis 24.1.

I'll have to look at the Axis. I thought that was an older model and the Vegas replaced it. Nice to have two options! What floor plan do you have? We want a bigger shower and walk around queen. Also like the couch with long table in front. What floor plan do you have?

MountainWhisper 09-22-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocMike (Post 46578)
Welcome to the Forum. We have had 16 months with our Vegas and after getting some odds and ends taken care of in the first several months it has been a great addition to our life...getting to enjoy some good Trout fishing with beautiful sunrises,sunsets and campsites.

Lots of info on flat towing here on the Forum.

Save and Happy Camping.

Doc

Wonderful to hear you have many months of enjoying your Vegas. Your travels sound wonderful! We are thinking that we will be part timing in our Vegas/Axis RV as a second home. We will have to get up to speed on making reservations etc. I will look for the flat towing topic on the Forum. Thank you and happy travels to you!

MountainWhisper 09-22-2016 04:59 PM

Axis in KC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkb (Post 46571)
We LOVE OUR AXIS !! Enjoy your search for the right RV for the you two ! Explore all the floorplans and re-explore !
Feel free to ask all the questions you might come up with !

Kay

Thanks Kay! That's wonderful to know you love your Axis! I will have to research Axis Vs Vegas. I found a couple of very good videos of tours of the Vegas. I like the features with the bigger/rectangle shower and walk around queen and couch with long table in front but can't remember if those are separate floor plans. Good advice to explore and re-explore!

JamieGeek 09-22-2016 05:49 PM

MountainWhisper: If you want a larger shower and a walk-around queen in the Axis/Vegas models then you'll want to look at either the 25.2 or 25.3:
25.2: https://thormotorcoach.com/image/dat...Floor-Plan.png
25.3: https://thormotorcoach.com/image/dat...Floor-Plan.png

Those are the closest floorplans available with something resembling a walk around queen.

vkb 09-22-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainWhisper (Post 46618)
Thanks Kay! That's wonderful to know you love your Axis! I will have to research Axis Vs Vegas. I found a couple of very good videos of tours of the Vegas. I like the features with the bigger/rectangle shower and walk around queen and couch with long table in front but can't remember if those are separate floor plans. Good advice to explore and re-explore!

Jamie did you a favor in posting the floor plans you might be interested in.
There is not much difference between the Axis & Vegas, other than name and color options and exterior design/front end.
In fulfilling the want for a larger shower & walk around bed, Thor did away with the front/living room slide. For us, more living area was more important than large bedroom area. It appears Thor has covered most of the bases with the Axis/Vegas designs.
Thor offers the two in order that dealers who are in the same or nearby locations can offer the rv's.

We too, have KC our cat who travels with us. He tolerates traveling down the road..once we are stopped..he is all over the place looking out the windows, and door checking out where we are. He is not real social but loves being with us.


Go to thormotorcoach.com .... there you will be able to view all the options available ! Have FUN !

K


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2