Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Modifications and Updates (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   Cup holder/organizer for "passenger side" ACE class A (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27/cup-holder-organizer-passenger-side-ace-class-5630.html)

Marck 11-11-2016 03:56 AM

Cup holder/organizer for "passenger side" ACE class A

I have a 2016 ACE 30.1.

I'm looking for a "good" solution for a cup holder/organizer unit to mount to the wall to the right side of the passenger seat. I got to wondering if there are units used in other class A's i'm not aware of ??

Ideally, it would be really cool if there was a "mirror image" unit to the one I have in the ACE already but there may be one out there in another model Thor class A that's close enough ??

Regards, Marc

SuperD 11-11-2016 01:04 PM

Marci, see the thread titled: Who says Thor isn't nice? I got the parts from Thor that fit a Miramar and installed them

EA37TS 11-11-2016 01:30 PM

There is al;so a passenger's side cup holder/organizer on the Challenger. It is not a mirror image of the driver's side which is longer to accommodate mirror adjustment and heater switches and the leveler control panel.

SuperD 11-11-2016 02:44 PM

Since there wasn't a console actually made for your coach anything you purchase and add will be a compromise. The console I installed was not the same color as the drivers side and doesn't fit against the dash properly, I don't think anyone would actually notice the difference between my consoles unless they were specifically looking for it.

Wife is happy and that's all I care about!

vkb 11-11-2016 04:13 PM

cup holder

Ron modified a '2 cup' holder he bought at an auto parts store, to fit in the passenger side cup holder...works great. No photo available as RV in winter storage (thought I had a photo of it)
In addition, the item he used has a small area between the cup holders which will accomodate a phone, etc...about the size of 2 pks of cigs.
For magazines and maps...I bought a decorative box which sits next to passenger seat for magazines and maps.
We were reluctant to screw anything into the side wall of the motorhome.

Marck 11-11-2016 04:28 PM

Excellent solution

Just what I was looking for. Thx Super D and Dave !
The left side console in the Miramar happens to be the same one as in my ACE so I'm wondering if the right side be a match.

SuperD 11-11-2016 04:34 PM

Depends on how your dash is shaped. The console has an angled front meant to fit partially under the dash, my dash comes down straight on the passenger side and the console doesn't quite match up. You would have to look close to see the gap but it's there.

Hudsoner 11-12-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperD (Post 50498)
Depends on how your dash is shaped. The console has an angled front meant to fit partially under the dash, my dash comes down straight on the passenger side and the console doesn't quite match up. You would have to look close to see the gap but it's there.

Can you please post a picture of your console?
My unit has no right side console either and I would be interested to see how yours looks like.

How much did you have to pay for it?

SuperD 11-12-2016 10:40 AM

Hudsoner, please refer to the thread "Who says Thor isn't nice?" Unfortunately I haven't been able to post pictures from my iPad.

UDFDH 11-13-2016 01:09 AM

cup holder/organizer for passenger side

2 Attachment(s)
This is the cup holder my husband made for our Windsport. Holds my insulated cup, notebook and pens, sunglasses and my cell phone. Stained to match cabinet color as close as possible. Works well for what I need and is compact so it does not disturb our dog looking out her window below it.

SuperD 11-13-2016 01:26 AM

Wow, your husband did a fantastic job, looks great!!!

Dragon70 11-13-2016 02:23 AM

Nice!

Nice job UDFDH. I can PM you my address if you want to send me one of those.

Drumster 04-24-2017 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDFDH (Post 50598)
This is the cup holder my husband made for our Windsport. Holds my insulated cup, notebook and pens, sunglasses and my cell phone. Stained to match cabinet color as close as possible. Works well for what I need and is compact so it does not disturb our dog looking out her window below it.

Any chance you'd build another one (in a lighter color) for a price? Don't have a wood shop and that unit is the ticket!

UDFDH 04-26-2017 08:11 AM

Sorry he has several projects on a deadline that he is working on and would not be able to do that now.

vkb 04-26-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDFDH (Post 50598)

Nice job and your photo of the top offers a great pattern for anyone who has the tools to get it done !! THANKS FOR SHARING !!

momartens 04-02-2019 06:01 PM

Hi. We are trying to duplicate this organizer and I have a quick question. Is the box narrower at the bottom than at the top, like a wedge, or is it the same depth (from the coach wall out) at the top and at the bottom? It's hard to tell from the photos. Thanks for your time.

DenverTransplant 04-02-2019 10:35 PM

Somewhere in the Forum there are some posts on how a member took the shelf behind the couch in an ACE and turned it into a cup holder shelf for the passenger. He pulled the shelf when he took out the jack knife sofa and put in RecPro recliners. Iíve done the same thing with the recliners but the shelf I pulled is still sitting in he garage. Might get to the passenger shelf sometime this spring.

Long & Winding road 04-02-2019 11:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If you want just a little storage for like one iPhone and some nicknacks plus an extra fold out cup holder I put this up on both side of the cockpit.

I put a couple of magazine holders (Like 9 x 11 x 1.5 inch). One is pleather covered and other actual made of wood (Dark Brown in color - I love this one - purchased at Target - I have 3 of them now). They are only like $10 - $12 each. Then I Used double sided sticky tape to the floor and walls of the RV right next to the captains chairs. They have not moved in two years and no holes.

DenverTransplant 04-02-2019 11:16 PM

Found the post I was thinking of

Thor Forums - View Single Post - Recliners

be happy 04-03-2019 12:44 PM

UDFDA
Great picture, I have a question. How did you attach it to the wall? I have been playing with different ideas but end up questioning attaching it to the wall.