Thor Forums

Thor Forums (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motor Coach (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Michelin LTX Reviews (https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17/michelin-ltx-reviews-6675.html)

Free Ranger 03-24-2017 05:40 PM

Michelin LTX Reviews

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with the post 2012 recall Michelin LTX's on a Sprinter chassis class C coach? Seems like the blow out and sidewall issues most folks have experience with were on pre-recall tires? I'm trying to decide whether to replace my original equipment Continental Vancourse tires with a new set of Michelins or stick with the Continentals.

Free Ranger

Durango4 03-25-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Ranger (Post 61502)
Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with the post 2012 recall Michelin LTX's on a Sprinter chassis class C coach? Seems like the blow out and sidewall issues most folks have experience with were on pre-recall tires? I'm trying to decide whether to replace my original equipment Continental Vancourse tires with a new set of Michelins or stick with the Continentals.

Free Ranger

We have a brand new Gemini on a Sprinter Chassis with Continental Vancourse tires and just blew a rear inside tire today. The tire sidewall blew out just as you stated above. We will probably replace the continentals with michelins after this fiasco.

Durango4 03-25-2017 11:32 PM

Update on tires

Techs arrived and changed our flattened the Continental tire, they said its definitely a defective tire. I tried contacting Continental about the issue but of course they are closed for the weekend. We are keeping the tire to show it to our RV dealer and hope to remedy the issue before someone gets hurt or worse.
This confirms for us that we will be switching to Michelins.

Chance 03-26-2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Ranger (Post 61502)

Free Ranger

Was recall for Continental or Michelin tires? :confused:

Durango4 03-26-2017 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance (Post 61665)
Was recall for Continental or Michelin tires? :confused:

I don't think they have recalled the Continental tires yet, but I am hoping they do soon. I plan to call Continental on Monday morning to let them know about our issue.

blw2 03-28-2017 04:49 PM

maybe a bit late here.... but for what it's worth my 2013 michelins are on the edge of needing replacing.
very premature it seems, with cracking.
I personally will not replace with michelins
even though my dad had some on an F-150 once that lasted many miles and well over a decade with zero cracking..... maybe close to two decades, I can't recall now how old they were or how many miles, but it was jaw dropping.