Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #9
Budman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
Today I ran down a service manager of a Ford heavy truck shop. He confirmed 2 things: 1) that weight must be off axle to grease kingpins correctly and thoroughly, 2) some slack is acceptable as long as not excessive.
After the greasing and alignment everything felt great driving and seemed to be much better than before. And after further discussion with the folks that aligned front end it was a communication issue about the "excessive" slack. Apparently tech mentioned excessive slack but did not mean that my RV was that way. Manager cleared that up and told me about it later yesterday afternoon.
Anyway, I hope if ur getting yours greased by someone else u may want to confirm with them their process to make sure correct. Kingpin replacements are quite expensive to hit anytime but more than I would have wanted to hit especially right here at Xmas. Thx, Dennis.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum