Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #6
timp410

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #1478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
I feel even worse for RV consumers who do not clearly understand and realize what they are getting into. Their experience is only "shattered" if they do not know that by purchasing a new motorhome, they have agreed to spend their hard earned money, (and also will absorb the brunt of depreciation), for the privilege of using it first and being able to tell the next purchaser, (or dealer if traded), that everything works fine. Its the same for boats, planes, and even cars. Although nowadays cars tend to have many less warranty issues than they did in the past.

New motorhome owners have the privilege and responsibility to identify all the quality, manufacturing, design, and assembly issues that do not meet their standards during the warranty period. They must have them repaired for free during the limited warranty timeframe, or pay to have everything repaired themselves. It's their option.

If a new RVer wishes to forego the privileges of new ownership, then they can purchase a late model used coach that has had most of the issues identified and repaired by someone else.
All great points and I understood that I would be taking a big hit on the depreciation when I purchased a new coach. What I did not know is the potential time that I could be without my coach if there were a serious problem with my coach. When I hear stories of owners not having their coach for several months was totally shocking to me as a first time owner.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.