Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 03:50 PM   #1
glenns4d

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #1754
Question new owner thor chateau 33w

Hi,

I am a new owner. I would like to say I love our new motor home, but it is to early to say. I am unsatisfied that there is no way to turn off the residential refrigerator other than turn off the inverter. In addition there is no way to access the water line to the ice maker other than deinstalling the entire refrigerator which would take two adults. I am frustrated. I previously owned a Class A Coachmen Diesel pusher. I knew every nook and cranny of it and was able to access everything for maintenance. I have made numerous inquiries to the dealer and to Thor. Thor was helpful by sending me diagrams but no advice.

I will probably winterize by putting ten gallons of a-freeze into water tank and running ice maker for a few hours until it is pink. Hard to do when you are on the road. And then a pain to get rid of the anti-freeze taste. I prefer to use compressed air to blow out the lines but can't figure out how to blow out the ice maker.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.