Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #21
Chesuncook1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Maine
THOR #10229
Hi to all,
We bought our Aria 3901 in January. I don't know when they started manufacturing them but I'm thinking we must have gotten an early one as we had so much trouble with our Aria. We do like the coach as it looks great and the layout/functionality is great for this price range. Before I mention what issues we have had, I thought I would give some insight on some of the troubles you people have mentioned here. In no order just as I remember them.

Fireplace turning off. The energy management system turns off the fireplace whenever the hot water heater comes on regardless of the load. The same is true for the dryer which turns off whenever the cook top is used. I assume it was designed that way. It should only do this if the load is getting to high.

Basement doors leaking. Thor knows about this and has come up with a bigger gasket. We have 1/2" gaskets and the new replacement is 1". I will be calling Thor and asking them to send me the new gasket material and I will replace.

CSR mentioned he didn't have a brace on right front cap. There should be one there. We have two. The brace is two telescoping pieces of tubing. We have both in place but they did not drill and put a screw in to lock in place. As a result, the wind pushing on the front, stress cracked the front corner of the cap.

Problems with the full wall slide. We had trouble with ours before we even left the dealer but was resolved and has been in and out for almost a year with no problem. The schwintek website has a good publication on troubleshooting, bulletin #0272. Our slide would start extending and one side would stop and the other would keep going. The 2 motors where out of sync. To re-sync you find the control module screwed to the floor which would be in one of the basement bays. As I remember you need a pen or paperclip to push the reset button. Push the reset button 6 times and hold in on the 7th time for about 5 seconds until the red and green led's start flashing. You are in bypass/emergency mode. Extent the slide out and continue to press the button until the motors trip out. Retract the slide a few inches and then extend the slide again and hold the button until the motors trip out. Do this again for the 3rd time. The motors are now in sync. The motors are designed to go until they trip out and you should operate this way whenever you move the slide in or out which will keep them in sync.

Half bath GFI tripping. Ours trips whenever the power source changes i.e. unplugging and going on the inverter or vice versa. Sometimes it trips for no apparent reason also. I am going to install individual GFI's wherever needed instead of making the half bath protect the other outlets. I will report back with results once done and time for testing.

I will do another post with more issues we are having to see if any of you have any insight.

Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum