Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #36
karwask

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.4
State: Oregon
THOR #4548
Unhappy Really Goofed Having to do With Leaving Tankless HW Heater On In Winter and No Water!

Hi All,

With the newness of all of this motor home ownership and me really being overwhelmed with figuring out and making choices about the winterization thing, I totally forgot about the hot water heater! Unlike folks with the tank version, I'm just not used to doing anything with it as it's so automatic so didn't even consider it in my winterization plans. Anyway, I just recently blew out the lines in my rig with air compressor and prior to that had drained fresh water tank and at home here, not hooked up to water. I also thought I had turned off the propane but just realized not so it was on.

Anyway, walking past rig, experienced hot water heater on and blowing hot air outside while weather was freezing here. Only then realized that I should turn it off.

So, have I done damage? Was there anything I needed to do to winterize it, given lack of tank? Would it be harmed by being on but having no water to heat? Lastly, how difficult will it be to restart? Do I have to light a flame?

Any insight, greatly appreciated.

thanks
karwask is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum