Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #24
Chesuncook1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Maine
THOR #10229
Hi CSR,

Sorry to hear your motor home has been waiting so long for repairs. I hope they take care of the issues for you. If you find out anything different with the fireplace, I would love to know because it shouldn't operate that way.

What has everyone's experience been with the cook top? You only have 2 burners and if one is on high (boiling water) you can't use the other one. If you turn the 2nd burner on it lowers the heat setting on the 1st burner. Hard to cook that way and I am just wondering how all of you are dealing with that.

I know the cook top draws a lot of power but I am going to make it work of the inverter so we can simply fry an egg in the morning without the generator running that early. It wouldn't use any more juice that making a cup of coffee in the keurig. When we bought the coach, I upgraded the batteries to 4 - L16's with 435 amp hours at 20 hour rate. This gives us 870 amp hours which is equal to 8 golf cart batteries. I also added 3 more 100 watt solar panels for 400 watts total and upgraded the charge controller to a MidNite Kid. I have a lot of experience with solar as our home is net zero with 13,500 watts of grid tied solar and our camp is an off grid system in remote northern Maine and has all the amenities of any home. We have not had to run the backup generator for four years except to exercise it.

Chesuncook1

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum