Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #17
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Thanks!!
So you interrupted the "power port" circuit (30a fuse,right?) with the relay and tapped a low draw, ignition keyed circuit like the wipers to close it? Simple!
- Did you mount the relay or just tape it in place?
- Did you fuse the tap for the usb outlets?
- Did you leave the cig lighter power port live? That would be useful for 12v power when parked but using power from the coach batteries might be better.
- Did you mount the relay or just tape it in place?
I screwed the relay mounting (plug in relay) to the plywood under the dash cover.

- Did you fuse the tap for the usb outlets?
I did not fuse the USB outlets as the 12v was already fused for 30Amp (but probably wouldn't be a bad idea <WINTER PROJECT!>)

- Did you leave the cig lighter power port live? That would be useful for 12v power when parked but using power from the coach batteries might be better
There was actually an "extra" 30AMP power port connection that was "taped" and unused under the dash (courtesy of FORD). I sued this as my source and left the existing "power port" installed by THOR in the dash. I am tempted to remove the HDMI and USB port for the radio and install a ACC KEYED USB port there.

I actually installed a three port accessory case under the dash cover on top of the driver gauge cluster, screwed to the plywood, with two (2) dual USB ports and one (1) 12v power point. This is so I can power a dash camera, a GPS, and a tire monitor. I went ahead and powered my XM radio off the AXXERA radio so when you turn off the radio, the XM also powers down.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum