Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
DonandPatti

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Maryland
THOR #4040
Filed a complaint with NHTSA - LIPPERT Front levelers leaking

Well it looks like my front levelers have given up the ghost and now I need to replace them.

I contacted LIPPERT and they took all of my information but said that since it was past the 1 year warranty -- NO LUCK. Would not replace.

Short story -- front levelers were leaking down while going down the road. Had to stop several times on one trip to retract them back up. Took the trailer to RVs For Less for some other work -- while it was there -- over the weekend the front levelers leaked down to the ground.

This is a safety issued so I contacted the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and reported the problem.

If you have a similar problem report your problem to them. Safety issues need to be corrected. Here is the link to report the problem:

he link is www.https://www.nhtsa.gov/

Then click on the box --- report a problem.

Anyone with leveler problems should jump on board.

Below is what I got back after I filed my complaint.

Don
-------------------------------------------------------------

This email is to confirm we received your vehicle complaint submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Thank you for this public service as it is through actions like yours that together we can save lives on America's roadways.
Your tracking number assigned by NHTSA for this issue is ---------. Please keep this number for your records and for future reference. Once your complaint has been processed, you will be able to view it online and find any related documents. Please allow two business days for NHTSA to review your complaint.
What happens next?
Your complaint will be reviewed by NHTSA technical staff and entered into our database. If any additional information is needed, a NHTSA investigator will contact you.
Every complaint is taken seriously, reviewed in detail and analyzed for defects trends. Your complaint is important because it helps to inform NHTSA, other vehicle owners and manufacturers about potential safety concerns. Such information helps save lives, and we encourage you to share the resources available at www.SaferCar.gov with your family, friends and others in your community.
Will my vehicle be recalled?
When a manufacturer or NHTSA determines that a car or item of motor vehicle equipment creates an unreasonable risk to safety or fails to meet minimum safety standards, the manufacturer is required to fix that car or equipment. That can be done by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund (for equipment) or, in rare cases, repurchasing the car.
If your vehicle is included in a recall, the manufacturer will contact you. Sign up to receive recall email alerts from NHTSA if there's ever a recall involving your vehicle.
If you have any other questions regarding your complaint, please contact NHTSA's Office of Defects Investigation:
  • Phone: 888-327-4236, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 8:00PM EST(Spanish-speaking representatives available)
    TTY: 888-424-9153
    (Please have your ODI number referenced above available.)
  • Email: https://www.nhtsa.gov/about-nhtsa/contact-us
    (Please indicate your ODI Number referenced above in the contact form.)
Thank you for contacting us and playing a critical role in helping to keep our roads safe.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, IT HAS BEEN AUTO-GENERATED. __________________
DonandPatti is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum