Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: sound deadening
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #25
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
I finished my sound deadening project last week. I went the Dynamat route as it is a job I only want to do once. I used the same materials that SuperD used, but did get the Dynamat under the hood liner.

I found the same thing he did with the OEM liner - very poor quality and lots of gaps. They tried to use aluminum tape to cover some of the gaps, but when I pulled the doghouse, most of the tape was loose. I filled in the gaps with some of the hood liner material and put the Dynamat over the OEM liner. Then the hood liner when over the Dynamat. I used Dynamat tape on the Dynamat layer seams, but used HVAC aluminum tape on the hood liner layer. I also put a layer of Dynamat under the cup holder tray.

The doghouse cover took 3 sheets of Dynamat, so I have enough Dynamat to put it under the driver's and passenger side floor this spring.I won't know how much improvement it makes until springtime when I will take the coach out again. DW is having knee replacement surgery next Monday, so she will be on the sidelines for a couple of months.

While I was moving the doghouse cover around, one of the cheapo drink holder covers popped off and has disappeared for the time being. its one of those things that won't show up until you stop looking for it. I might have to contact Thor to get another cover. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one on eBay. Hate to spend money on such a cheap, non-functional thing though. The covers are always popping off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4425.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	8227   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4430.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	8228  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4436.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	8229  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.