Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #47
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
We store ours in an outdoor lot about 10 miles from the house. The lot is gravel roads and spots. They have been putting down some asphalt each spring, but its more like a gravel refresh versus actual paving.

Costs us $120 per month, which is pretty much the best rate we've found in the Denver area. RV storage locations are at a premium and the guy who owns our lot says he has a waiting list and that his competitors also have waiting lists. We started at $100/month but prices have creeped up each year. We do pay the a year at a time and get and extra free month.

The lot is 24 hr access (gate and code) and has lots of video cameras that are monitored. He installed a dump station with air and water last spring on site. He's also building a covered lot at another location (50% garages and 50% canopy) but prices start at $250/mo. If I had a big Tiffin or other high end DP the covered storage would be worth it, but not for the ACE. We also don't use a cover. I would guess about 20% of the rigs in the lot have covers, and a lot of them are in tatters by the end of the winter. I don't see any of the Class A's or Class C's with covers. Those that are covered tend to be trailers or 5th Wheel's.

We've moved spots a couple of times as most of the lot is on a slope, but a 40 ft back-in spot in the back of the lot opened up. Its very level and 15 ft wide. We store the dolly behind the coach and I put our 100 watt solar panel up in the back of the spot. As we are in the back row with a fence behind us, I feel fairly safe leaving the solar panel out to keep our batteries charged. Its out of sight unless you walk around the coach. Now all I have to do is get the guy with the brand new 40ft 5th Wheel next to me to actually park in his space. Right now his back corner is about 2 ft over the line. I'd hate to scratch his shiny new rig when I open my wet bay door.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum