Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Happy Camper???
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #15
Oldchief

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Like so many others, we're working our way thru what I call "new unit shakedown" on the Axis 25.5 we bought new back in August. Knowing the new unit aggravations and horror stories so many have posted about, I've preached for years that its far better to buy an already broken in unit that's a year or two old, rather than a brand new one, which we've done with all of our several previous RV's. That said and its what I truly believe, we really loved the 25.5 floor plan, with the larger bathroom across the rear and bed that can either a large king or 2 twins, that Thor introduced in the 2017 model year. I searched for months, far and wide for a pre-owned 25.5, hoping to avoid the repairs and repeated trips back to the dealer. Alas, because they were so new, there were no used 25.5's to be found at the time, so we bit the bullet and bought a new one. Its been back to the dealer now 4 times, each round trip totaling 82 miles and it still has issues, primarily with the crappy Seiki TV's. Hind sight, I probably should have waited a year or so to buy our 25.5 and now we're living with the consequences of not following my own advice. Live and learn.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum