Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 02:02 AM   #15
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
2014 and 2015 had stress crack problems because of the size of the windshield and the asymmetrical nature of the vertical and horizontal curves built into the glass. The windshield had to be installed pretty much perfectly or as the body flexed when on the road, the flexing would apply asymmetrical stresses on the glass. Thor decreased the vertical size of the windshield beginning in the 2016 model year because of the stress crack problem in the 2014 & 2015 models.

I was going to my dealer's for an oil change while my 2015 Vegas was still under warranty. I parked under the service canopy and went in to have the work order written up. The service rep came out to check over my Vegas and when he got to the front he said, "Do you know your windshield is cracked?" The crack was L-shaped. it began at the A-pillar on the driver's side and went horizontally for about 8" and then turned down and proceeded for another foot. The horizontal crack was right at eye level when seated in the driver's seat. It was not cracked when I was driving over to the dealer's and it apparently cracked while parked under the service canopy.

Dealer sent pictures to Thor. They verified it was a stress crack and Thor replaced it under warranty. If you are out of warranty, the $5K mentioned in the previous post is pretty accurate. Here in FL we can make an insurance claim and there is no comprehensive deductible for glass. That is not true of all states so you need to check with your insurance company about glass deductibles.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum