Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Four Winds
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #16
Hokie-Dave

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 26B
State: Virginia
THOR #9566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
GVW and GCVW are based on the ability to carry; the tow rating doesn’t change between them. You quoted “Hokie-Dave” and his reference to towing power, which was why I quoted you.

The GCVW is the Combined weight of both the motorhome as well as the vehicle being is towed. Obviously other factors play into the amount a vehicle can tow, like the hitch rating, rear gears, Torque the motor puts out, etc... There is a 3,500 pound difference in ratings between the E350 and 450 as well as a 2,000 pound difference in the GVW alone, which can make a difference especially the way some of the motorhomes are built so close to the GVW from the factory which is dangerous.

That being said, I've got no idea if I'll use the additional weight rating of my E450 over the 350, I feel it is nice to have. I'm planning on weighing ours sometime after we get it back from warranty work which is a whole other story, lol. Camping World has had our 26B longer than we've had it since we purchased it.

dave

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum