Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #26
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncler View Post
I'm new at this also...I'm storing my Thor freedom elite (Wisconsin) in a barn do I take out my battery underneath the 2nd step or use the batter disconnect?
Supposedly, a fully charged car battery will not freeze until about -75 F. However a fully discharged batter can freeze at below +32F. That is why it is important to make sure both batteries remain charged over the winter, or move to Florida - like me - where it never freezes. Both your batteries need to be disconnected and tested and/or recharged periodically. In addition, while your house battery is probably a deep discharge battery and can be discharged below 11.8 v multiple times before it is ruined, the starting battery is not. Deep discharge that starting battery 10-12 times and you probably will be purchasing a new one.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.