Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Four Winds
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #19
ducnut

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Illinois
THOR #10076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie-Dave View Post
The GCVW is the Combined weight of both the motorhome as well as the vehicle being is towed. Obviously other factors play into the amount a vehicle can tow, like the hitch rating, rear gears, Torque the motor puts out, etc... There is a 3,500 pound difference in ratings between the E350 and 450 as well as a 2,000 pound difference in the GVW alone, which can make a difference especially the way some of the motorhomes are built so close to the GVW from the factory which is dangerous.
My mistake. I didn’t break out the calculator and just assumed the only difference was their carrying capacities causing the differences in weight ratings.

Next time I’m at the dealer, I’m going slide under an E-450 and see what gearing the tag shows. I don’t know of anything else allowing more tow capacity.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum