Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 10:23 PM   #40
USTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: South Dakota
THOR #9611
It has been a while but we got our motorhome back from the warranty service center and have finally headed South with the thing. While in the shop I had a Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer installed and I have to say it made quite the difference. It is now a much more relaxed driving experience and after driving for 8 hours the other day, even through Denver, I was not even tired at the end of the drive. There is a little push from some trucks and some there is none. Also some trucks seem to push more than a little. Crosswinds aren't that big a deal unless they get over about 30 mph. (We did have to pull off the interstate in WY because of 60mph+ crosswinds.) That was a bit scary. My wife even drove for over an hour, at 62 mph, in a less windy area and after about 30 minutes of getting used to the feel of the rig was comfortable enough to take a hand off the wheel to scratch her ear a couple of times. So what I have done now is the CHF on the rear and the steering stabilizer on the front and that is it. The rig does roll more than I would like and the suspension seems really weak so I am thinking I may want something to take care of that. I am also trying to figure out if a rear track bar will provide enough of an improvement to justify the cost and effort. For now though happily cruising to warmer destinations.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.