Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 04:24 AM   #2438
SoCalGlide

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #10287
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Dave, lots of 29M lovers here!!! Got questions, ask, someone will know the answer!

When my wife and I went shopping she saw the 29M and the looking was over!!! Just spent the last 3 months living full-time in our coach, worked out great, very livable!

Wish you the best in your quest!
I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions, it's nice to have a resource like this where you can find the answers to many of them with a little digging.

Before we went out to actually look at motorhomes, my wife was leaning towards a Class C. She has driven a "short bus" for 28 years now, and felt she'd be more comfortable driving a Class C. I was leaning Class A for the more open floor plan, and more storage. Fortunately, she wasn't intimidated by the 29M at all. We did check out some Class C's as well, and she turned her nose up at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrpt58 View Post
Dave, It's good to have you aboard! Yes this thread has a LOT of info and ideas for not only the 29M, but other models too. I'm very glad Jerry started it and the other members have contributed.

Me and the wife did pretty much as you did; went looking only, wound up buying it that day. At least we looked at a lot of the others that day in Pomona. I'm currently living in mine while I work a few hours away from home, where the wife continues to live and work. Pretty sure there are a few more here that are "living" in theirs too. I find that this provides a little more time to consider the worth of specific mods and learn a little more about the unit.

Enjoy yours!
We won't be full-timing, at least not for several years. We're still about 7-8 years from retirement. For now, it'll be weekend getaways and one or two longer trips each year. Once we retire, we do plan on much longer trips throughout the country.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll be hanging around.

Dave

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum