Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
unhappywiththor

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #10301
sewer smell because sink plumbed to black tank

Hello everyone. I am the owner of a Thor Venetian I bought last March. My unit has been in the shop and factory for a total of 4 months since I purchased it last March. I suffer from a sewer gas smell coming from the bathroom sink while driving down the road which is plumped for some inexplicable reason into the black water tank. I have done pressure measurements in the black water tank versus ambient inside motorhome and found that during braking the pressure from the sloshing of the " Poo" causes the belching of smell back up the sink that only has a shallow 2 inches in the u trap under the sink. I am currently starting litigation against Thor and Phil Houser at Thor motorcoach company for faulty engineering and shoddy craftsmanship and was wondering if anyone else has any similar issues they could share. My outside mirror came loose and almost fell off. Multiple cabinet and trim have fallen off. I have visible screws showing thru an out of walls, TV not working due to a compromised HDMI cord, seat not working because of poor wire crimps, Black water and fresh water connection when new that they say have been fixed. These are not all the problems I have had but just a sample. When I bought the unit and tried to fill the freshwater tank throwing the valve, the water came out of the sewer flush line. Any help or sharing of similar experience would be appreciated and Oh BTW Hi to everyone and hope you all have a good Christmas!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum