Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 02:20 PM   #1
nosticks

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Angry Another weird furnace problem

This is the continuation of the Christmas trip from hell, see (Transfer Switch Meltdown). The same night as the meltdown, in the middle of the night, no 110v thus we had to conserve 12v we were sleeping with the windows and vents open. Florida presented us with a quick but very heavy downpour lasting only a few minutes. We scrambled to close the windows and vents. Laying back down a ticking noise began. What now. It sounded like it was coming from the furnace, but we were not using the furnace. Thermostat switch was off. So, I found the appliance fuse and pulled it, the ticking noise stopped. Problem with that is now we have no hot water, and no refer and it was packed for a weeks trip. I'm beat so I go to sleep.

Our options now are to drive 540 miles north to go home. I put the appliance fuse back in so we would have the refer on the road. Since I was very familiar with the Atwood furnace and how the 12v flows through the system, I opened the furnace from the outside and pulled the 12v supply wire. The noise stopped. The noise was the fan running about 1/4 the speed it would normally run and stop a few seconds and start again, over and over. I suspect the control board got wet from that torrential downpour. We'll see. Update to follow when I get this one figured out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.