Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 12:58 AM   #1
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Tailgater Hookup in Challenger 37TB

I also posted at IRV2, posting here to get inputs please.

First off, we absolutely love our new Challenger 37TB. During the PDI, the external cable connection in the Shore Power Compartment was identified. A question I didn't ask and wish I had - "How do I connect my Tailgater Sat setup with VIP 211Z receiver?". It probably wouldn't have changed what I believe I need to do now but at least I'd had an earlier input.

Okay so this is my understanding (taken from a Vegas thread). I need to split the signal from the cable input - easiest spot seems to be at the signal booster spot. Run one of the inputs to the VIP 211Z, then use a moduator on the component side of the 211Z and back to an A/B box and out to the booster. Very similar to my Georgetown but I didn't need to do the work myself. Bah Hum Bug.

Good news is, I believe I can do the mod. More good news - we really like the Challenger. First bad news, I gotta do the mod for something that IMO should have come that way. Not a huge cost (I've got all the parts from the Georgetown). Second bad news, I called Thor Customer Service. Asked the rep for the info,he finally found it. Said I'd have to take the panel off - etc. Then when I said "wow, that doesn't make much sense", the rep said "lots of stuff here doesn't make sense". HUH. These folks are the face of Thor for us folks that buy spend well over $100,000 for our home or second home on wheels. NOT GOOD.

Anyways, can someone confirm my approach to the satellite install?

Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.