Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 09:13 AM   #13
Pville211

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #6497
I have a 2017 Thor Axis 24.1 (E-450). The handling was terrible, except for when it was scary. Even being passed by pickup trucks pushed me around, and keeping it steady near big rigs was an act of desperation. I had an alignment done by a big-rig specialty shop, which helped. I also added the Safe-T-Plus, which helped a bit more. I was going to add sway bars, but a dealer said they would only incrementally improve what I already had. Then I did something that transformed the RV into a rock-steady, easy-to-drive rig: I let air out of the tires. I now run 75 psi in the front and 72 psi in the rear. The difference is dramatic. I can drive one-handed and hardly notice when someone passes me. In moderate crosswinds I look at trees and flags to verify that, yes, that light pressure in the steering wheel is due to the wind. My TireMinder sensors showed there was no noticeable change in the tire temperatures caused by the lower pressures.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.