Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 10:37 PM   #10
wayneroe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
The Dish box has to send commands back to the antenna; at least the Dish Trailblazer antenna. The built-in amplifier will block this. Somewhere on this forum I have seen a mod to the built-in amplifier to allow the signal to be sent.

Since I mainly only watch the TV in the living area, I just keep the Dish amp in the cabinet and run the cable from the Dish antenna through the kitchen window.
gbrown, that mod was what I was attempting when I discovered I have a bad coax. While waiting to get that fixed, I have also been running my Dish antenna coax through the kitchen window. The problem I have with that is I have to slightly open the screen to push the cable through and regularly have the little cheap snaps that secure the screen falling off and disappearing when I open the screen.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.