Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Rough Trip
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 12:10 AM   #14
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
Thanks Everybody. I was considering a cheaper awning. The one I had in my old rig just fastened to the top of the RV. Problem with that is now that my support arms are gone, I've got a row of holes in the fiberglass at each end of the rig. Since the holes are just outside the door they are hard to miss (though I have the original screws in the holes now to block the rain. That makes it a little better, but the column of holes nearest the door has one hole with a bunch of putty around it, as though they drilled in the wrong place and tried to correct it.

Just thinking out loud here but has anyone ever bought an awning and replaced it yourself? Wondering how hard it is to do. I'm not a great mechanic but I think I can beat the job Thor has done on mine. I've had two people now tell me the awning may run as much as 1700 installed. I'm sure this is an expensive one. It runs pretty much the length of the RV excluding the cab. And of course it's motorized...

I was able to get propane this morning. The rig is outside with the interior temp set at 75 (It's 15 degrees and sunny here today). I'm hoping the heat from inside will radiate to the outside compartments and maybe thaw out the pump. I've had the heat on now for three hours and no change that I can see. is it possible there is a reset or something on the pump that I haven't found yet? Again, just thinking out loud.

The good news, I guess, is that there is no water on the floor of the rv yet. That may be something. And I'm not seeing anything dripping from underneath yet.

I haven't reached under the dash yet, or checked the panel on the steering wheel. I'll take a look at that my next trip outside.

Thanks for all the help. I'll keep you posted
Just a thought, but have you checked 12v fuses for the pump? Or check to make sure you have 12v power at the pump with a meter,?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.