Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 02:33 PM   #13
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiavb View Post
I have a Miramar 35.2. The hot water bypass valve is located in the wet bay. Is that the only bypass? Or should I be looking for a couple of valves behind the water heater itself?
I have a 34.4 Miramar and the only valve I concern myself with is the wet bay bypass. However, I do not winterize with antifreeze. I use air and blow out all lines. I first drain all lines from low point drains while under air pressure and remove water filter. Then remove hot water heater plug (and leave out) and force all the water from heater and lines with pressure. I then switch the bypass valve and by turning on one faucet at a time push all the water from the other lines. The last item I winterize is the ice maker which I do by dropping the arm to make ice. I let it run through several cycles until the last ice it makes is a sliver. That's it. Don't forget the shower, toilet and outside kitchen for low point drains and faucets. I also leave all faucets open about half way and finally I add 2 gallons of RV antifreeze to the drains and toilet, again not forgetting the show and outside sink.

I know you didn't ask about this but thought it might be helpful. It makes it so much easier to start up in the spring. A side note...I write down each step I used to winterize so I don't forget to do reverse to operate in the spring...such as replace filter, reinstall hot water plug, close low point drains, etc.

Enjoy the winter!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.