Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #9
Steve70605

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL-AR View Post
We have a 2017 Siesta 24SV.

The freshwater tank never empties completely. There is more than an inch of water left in the bottom of the tank. When trying to winterize, I looked at the tank better and realized the drain is on the side of the tank.

What is the best way to get this extra water out of the tank? With temps dropping into the teens, we have left a heat strip in that compartment temporarily. Any suggestions appreciated.
Nearly all the coaches I have observed have the same issue. It is true the water in the bottom will not hurt the tank. However, the line from the tank to the on board pump also has water in it and can freeze the pump and line. An easy way to drain the tank is to open the discharge valve and drive it. It has worked for me every time. The movement of the vehicle sloshes the water enough to get it out. Or you could raise the opposite side of the coach with blocks or levelers...

I do add antifreeze to the tank and use pump to get the lines protected. A lot of people do not like the approach due to the need to flush the tank in spring....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.