Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Rough Trip
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 04:00 AM   #25
wayneroe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
Man! You've got to be impressed with the durability of that Pex stuff. All the inside faucets are now working, as is the pump and the water heater. No sign of leakage inside or out. Still not working is the outside kitchen sink and the outside shower but tomorrow is supposed to be warmer. If that doesn't work I'll go after it with a hair dryer per SuperD's advice.

In other areas, the back up camera monitor appears to be working after I was able to find the plug that you guys told me about (but I'll know more when I get it on the road.)

I was also able to tightened the nut on the propane tank to stop the leak. Tank is now full and my furnace is blowing good and hot. BTW, I've adjusted the temp down to 50 degrees as per advice from tnedator.

As for the awning, Well, I'm hoping to get away later this week or early next week to Great Escapes RV Center in Gassville AR to see what they say about the warranty. Maybe my luck will hold, but if Thor won't cover it, I've pieced together a replacement through Amazon that almost matches the original for just under $1100. That's high, but considerably cheaper than the 1700 that I had been quoted. Though I'd rather not have to mess with it, I'm pretty confident that if necessary I can do at least as good a job as Lenny and Squiggy at the Thor assembly plant. I'll let you know how that plays out.

By the way, this morning between RV repair efforts I drove my wife to a clinic in a town two hours away for her cataract procedure. That's event was the reason we didn't winterize in the first place. Though we weren't comfortable using the RV for that trip, the Jeep drive to and from went well and the procedure appears to have been a success (though we won't really know until tomorrow when we take the patch off.) I'd sure appreciate it if you'd keep us in your prayers.

Thanks fellows, for all the help. I think I'm on my way.
You guys are in my prayers, Moondoggie. I've had cataract surgery on both eyes (4 years apart) and the results were unbelievably good. Just make sure she uses all her drops per doctor's orders and wears proper eye protection until the doc says it's OK to stop.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum