Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: surge protector
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 12:33 PM   #16
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyOldPeach View Post
We use the Camco Dogbone 50Amp RV Circuit Analyzer. With the power grip handles, I use a cable lock through the holes on the handle, and wrapped around the campsite’s power pedestal, and a second short firearm cable lock secured through the holes on the female side,and through the handle on to the coach’s male power cable connector.... So I don’t give any further thought to theft.

I prefer the visual circuit analyzer type dogbone plugged into the power pedestal end of things, because I can plug in and test the power source quality BEFORE I apply power to the RV. If the indicators on the dogbone light up correctly, then it is safe to apply power to my rig.
I have always used the 30 amp version and I like it for the same reasons you gave. If someone really wants to commit theft, they can always do it but at least the way you secure yours is a deterrent from a quick grab.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.