Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 04:52 PM   #15
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
I almost always scope out stations on Google maps at the start of a day when I will need gas. Like most of respondents I look for end pumps and stations that have pumps parallel to the buildings. I generally try and stay away from Pilot, Loves, etc. as they are way too crowded and full of folks who are overly focused on where they are going and not what is around them. I’ve had my share of the “lets get lunch while the car is filling” people.

One of the reasons we moved up to the ACE from a Nissan Armada and a Keystone 24BH trailer was the frequent fill ups. The Armada had a 25 gallon tank and while towing got 7-8 MPG. We usually were hunting the next suitable station right after a fill up and often had fill up twice a day when enroute. It got to be routine to pull into camp, unhitch and then go find a gas station. With the ACE’s 80 gallon tank we usually can go 2 or 3 days between fill ups.

With the Mini in tow we are about 47 feet, but I find the turning radius isn’t really an issue as the rig’s tail wag tends to move the Mini’s back wheels close to the rig’s track....but always careful and slow and pull far enough forward before starting the turn. So far I’ve never gotten into somewhere I couldn’t get out of, traded paint with a bollard or have had to pull the Mini off the dolly, but the year is new.

Our ACE has a rear fuel fill and despite the marketing promises, I find I have to pull in with pumps on the left side. The fuel fill is off center to the driver’s side and seldom have I found a pump hose that is long enough to reach from right. Costco is about the only place that I find that has extra long hoses.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.