Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 06:48 AM   #1
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Question WiFi Ranger technical information needed

Well, I need to replace my WiFi Ranger for the 3rd time. I have emailed DRV to find out where are all of the components are located. Where the power comes from or even a schematic. This is our emails,

ME - I sent this quote from WiFi Ranger. If you ONLY have a rooftop device, the cable is connected to a 12V or 120V outlet inside the RV using what is called a Power Over Ethernet (POE) adapter. Your Sky2 is powered by a 12V POE; but both the Sky3 and SkyPro currently use a 24V POE. Do you know where the inside cable is connected in your RV? If so, it would be easy to swap the existing POE for a 24V one.

DRV - ”I believe you would have the SKYII rooftop only with a 12v wire run to the switch in the closet.”

ME - “What kind of wire/wires specifically? Where is the power source connected? Is there a wiring schematic?”

DRV - “It is just a plain old 12v wire, I think its blue.

There is not a schematic.”

WiFi Rangers support has been very good and helpful, but I can not get any answers from DRV.
Does anyone know the answers?
Thanks

Disclaimer:
If you do not own a DRV please do not tell me where your components are located on your Thor product as DRV did not build it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.