Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 12:50 AM   #1
FloridaBill

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #8933
Video Driving a Vegas 24.1 thru the i40 Gorge

I just completed a 900 mile trip in our Vegas 24.1, driving from South Florida to East Tennessee.

Before leaving, I installed a dashcam to record all the action and show others what it is like driving a motorhome on different kinds of roads.

The Vegas handled great and I found myself cruising between 65 and 70 mph most of the way. It had no problems with the hills in Georgia and North Carolina and did well going thru the Pigeon River Gorge on I-40 with steep descents and long uphill pulls.

The tow haul button made going down the steep descents worry free. Just push the button, tap the brakes and the engine will keep you from going too fast.

If you want to see what the drive was like, check out my short video at . The first part is a minute of highway driving, then at 1:10 we start the descent into the Gorge. After that, we flatten out a bit in Tennessee.

The only complaint I have with the Vegas is the amount of wind noise when driving into a headwind. Other than that, it is a pleasure to drive. Even when the outside temps are in single digits.

Bill

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum