Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
Techn0

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf-bears View Post
When connected to city water hookup the Anderson water valve in my 2017 MS is leaking and filling the fresh water tank. It's filling at about 3 gallons per hour. I let it fill then turn off the city water and turn on the pump until the tank is empty. So not an emergency but needs to be fixed.

I have a new valve on the way from DRV.

Has anyone out there replaced their Anderson valve before? Any tricks or concerns I should be aware of before replacing the valve myself?
I would replace or clean your water pump check valve first. When your fresh water tank is filling up, this is usually the culprit. You can contact Shurflo and they will send you one for free if you are still within warranty.

After you do that and if your fresh water tank is still filling up, cycle your valve around a few times. It is best to have the city water off when rotating the 4-way valve too. If that doesn't do it, then contact Anderson Brass and they will send you a new one. It is pretty easy to install and you should definitely be back in business. I am thinking it is just your water pump check valve though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.