Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Firearms
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #38
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehobe1 View Post
The fact that you came from a "cop" background definitely gives you more history of bad situations and a much higher fear profile. You also have been properly trained and have experience with those situations. Individuals with no training and no experience with difficult situations are much more likely to make a deadly mistake.
I do not run into a lot of police officers suggesting that the public start carrying guns! You are probably the first one in my experience.
Actually, I have had a number of experiences when police officers have knocked on my door, car door etc to investigate my well being or local criminal activity, more often than strangers knocking at my door. Situation like this could turn deadly with both parties carrying guns! Are you sure you want to recommend RVers carryoing guns?
As far as I can tell this thread was started to discuss the legalities of carrying in different states. I haven't seen anything in this thread that advocated for or against bringing a gun along (other than a few anecdotes and people mentioning what they do).

That is the problem I've seen on many forums: someone starts a thread to discuss the technicalities of owning a firearm (not necessarily advocating it, just want to know things like what others do, what are the laws in other states, etc.) and the thread devolves to "you should" "no you shouldn't".

So far this thread hasn't gone that far...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum