Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 08:04 PM   #32
CC38EL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9606
So after following this thread for awhile, I decided to take a look at our A/C setup. Ours has always had bad flow on the left (when sitting in the drivers seat) and it's going to get warm here in Florida in a month or two.

Pulled off the filter and found the junction box stuffed up in the air return just like Michaels. Moved it down to the big tab like he did and it really opened that up. However the air flow on the left side did not improve.

So I pulled the lower cover and looked inside the ducts. I don't know much about A/C ducting but it sure seems to me this arrangement is not efficient or balanced.

Found that the air handler (blower segment) forces air from a 6 inch plenum into 2 1.5" slots that feed the ducting.

On my left side, there is some kind of fixture or tape excess or something that is not present on the right side. Tried to pull it out or push it back but no joy.

Not under warranty anymore, so I'll just try to balance it best I can. Did buy an external sunscreen. That should help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0113181331.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	8545   Click image for larger version

Name:	0113181334.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	8546  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0113181335.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	8547  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum