Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 08:36 PM   #2493
Red

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Ohio
THOR #10451
Hello from Ohio

Hello everyone,

I wanted to express our thanks for creating and maintaining this forum. We have learned a great deal and look forward to contributing as soon as we get a few things done/get caught up.

We picked up a 2018 Hurricane 29M in Oct 2017 just in time to make a couple trips and winterize it. We call our unit "Tom". We were just out looking, had test driven a few units sat down the deal with the "sales pitch" and noticed that Tom Petty had passed at age 66. That was it! We decided we didn't need to wait till we retire cause ya just never know. A couple weeks later and we drove him home.

Picking it up was an ordeal. It was a newer Camping World location and they were NOT ready for us (or anyone who has eyes). I provided fair warning that I am detail orientated and have been in the Quality Field for a long time. Didn't matter... We provided a list of over 20 issues from our first walk-through. All were addressed before we would even enter an office to close the deal. SOoo, it was well after closing time before we set off for home.

Our first trip was to Bridge Day just outside of Fayetteville WV. We have been attending for a long time and go with a good sized group of friends. With about 12 people climbing in and out of the unit, eating, cooking, sleeping, showering, using the ACs, generator, tvs, radios and driving through the mountains of the state. We shook him down HARD. Next trip was closer to home with our dogs on a cold rainy weekend, so we shook the furnace down as well. These efforts generated out a 22 item punch list and the unit has been with a different location (Still Camping World, closer to home and has been around for a long time) for about a month and a half.

Even with all of the above we love the unit. It works well and we feel we'll get it all ironed out.

has anyone here had an issue in the side walls that looks like they used a screw that is just a little too long? We have 3 such areas (one looks more like a 3" blister) and bumping into a reluctance to correct them. They may not be functional isses now but could crack as the unit ages and they are like sandpaper scratching across my soul as a Quality Geek and Car Guy.

We have seen many of the issues listed within this forum. The only thing I can think of was 2" of water in the cargo bay where the fresh water take is. It was the first thing we saw when we walked through and did not set the stage well. It appeared that someone left it open when washing the unit and didn't bother to clean it up. There was also screw ends sticking out of the draw in the entry step that were long enough to cut a finger.

Hope to have it home soon so we can get cracking on the mods and get all the "stuff" that is piling up under our pool-table into Tom and out from under foot.

Thanks again and looking forward to the joys or RVing.
2011 BMW M3 Convertible
Red is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum