Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: New to RVs
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 11:25 AM   #27
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishgrl View Post
thanks all for the helpful information. I am not very handy but am willing to learn. Can you take your motorhome into any other Thor dealership for repairs? I am assuming it is just like cars in that respect but just confirming. If/when I do buy, how long (or how much run time) do I need to have before taking it on a longer (800 mi) trip? It seems like I should be able to load it up and go but I see that I probably need to load it up, get it aligned and maybe drive it around town before I head out.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance for the always helpful and informative replies.
The often asked question! Lol yes you can take to any Thor dealer but sometimes dealerships are finicky about if you didn't buy from them. I'm sure they would do it but you probably won't get preferential treatment. That's why I suggested to find a trusted dealer by others if you don't want to do do a lot of repairs. It's almost the same as having a banker and lawyer in your corner when you need them. obviously the hope is you won't need them for anything g serious. So people find an independent rv mobile mechanic. They just work for the money and often will work with your warranty if you have one. I would trust the mobile guy more than the dealership personally.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.