Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 02:54 AM   #2496
Red

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Ohio
THOR #10451
Pokers & Blister

Jerry and Dave, Thanks for the warm welcome and you guys are fast!

So, my unit is still in the shop and we are in "discussions" over the Pokers and Blister. They are starting to provide options but it's taken a heaver approach than I think it should.

I'll call pokers the protrusions from what I think are screws that are just a little to long and the Blister what I think is a probable lamination issue. All are from the inside out, meaning you see them protruding from the gelcoat on the outside of the coach. None have broken through but fear cracking long term. I'll post photos once I get my hands on Tom (our unit). Am a bit of a shutter bug so should be able to represent.

I will also check every fastener and electrical connection I can get my hands on after reading through the forum. Have already found/corrected the backward wiring on the BR charging station as well as a few other mentioned issues. Hard to believe that after the automotive industry cleaned their act up that marine and RV have not caught up. Consistency in build quality and attention to detail is not so good.

The Mods posted here are outstanding. Am looking forward to tweaking my way through and adding along the way. The stock unit is quite functional. Over all, once we get the kinks smoothed out, I think we'll be happy campers

Thanks again and more to come.

Kevin
2011 BMW M3 Convertible
Red is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.