Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 09:47 PM   #2501
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Forgot to mention I went to the AF Museum back in the 90’s with my stepfather, retired AF pilot with 28 years of service. My stepfather was very unique in the fact that he flew in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.

When we toured the museum it was amazing, he had flow many of the types of aircraft on display over his long career. One aircraft was particularly interesting, a Douglas C-47 Gooney Bird. As we were looking at the Gooney aircraft a museum guide came up, my stepfather asked if they had the logbooks for this aircraft, they did. After inspecting the logs he found his name, he had at one time flow this exact aircraft during its development as an “Electric Gooney” for use in Vietnam. Needless to say my time there was very interesting and educational!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum