Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New to RVs
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 03:38 PM   #32
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishgrl View Post
This is great information and I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions. A couple more questions:

I keep seeing comments on the boards about vent covers. Are those the covers on the fans in the living room and bedroom or are they something else?

On my first inspection/test drive (nothing signed) the drivers seat is very difficult to swivel around to center. The arm rest seems to get in the way. Is there a sequence/trick to that or does that indicate something is out of whack (technical term

I am going to get on the roof and look around for splits, gaps, and other obvious issues but is there anything else? Is there a seam between roof and side panels?

Should I have them take the dog house (?) off and look at that?

Also, where is the valve stem on the second tire (inside back tire)? I plan to test those as well. Anyone using nitrogen in their tires?

They are bringing in another one for me to look at but not sure when that will be in so I am headed back there today armed with more questions for them and to look at the coach they have more closely. I figure it only helps me to inspect the one they have since I can get familiar with the RV and I might have a fall back not that one if the other is unacceptable.

Thanks for the information, patience and links to other discussions.
The vent covers are in fact covers for the living room, bedroom and bathroom. All coaches are different as to the number and types of vents in the coach. For example my prior coach had three vents while my Challenger has 2. The covers are also different based on the type of vent installed. My bathroom vent is a standard type with standard cover while the living/kitchen vent is a thermostatically controlled Fantastic Fan which requires a Fantastic Fan vent cover. I had mine installed as a condition of sale (after negotiating the coach sales price).

Inside duals wheels on most Thor products do not have valve extenders and often require the owner to crawl under the coach to check pressure. Again, I was armed with some info prior to the negotiations and a condition of sale was the installation of valve extenders on the rear duals (image attached). Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire valve 1.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	390

One additional note, go to Kiddie's web site and get a list of fire extinguisher recalls. Take that list with you and verify that the fire extinguisher installed in the coach is not on the recall list. If it is on the list have the dealer replace it before you take delivery. I speak from experience when I tell you that Thor has shipped RVs with recalled extinguishers and when I last spoke to them the solution was for me to buy a new extinguisher and they would reimburse the expense. I dealt with Kiddie directly and received a new extinguisher within a week.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum