Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Replaced couch
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 04:35 PM   #28
Tom Bowe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
State: Georgia
THOR #2983
Hopefully this picture will help show how much space this loveseat takes up. As accurately as I was able to measure it the front of the unit is 40 1/2 inches from the wall when upright and the footrest extends 65 inches from the wall when fully reclined. The back is about 2.5 inches from the wall. On my coach the window trims don’t interfere with the reclining function.

The only thing we don’t like is that the cup holders are only 2 3/4 inches across. Apparently there is a standard in the RV industry that only canned drinks should fit and not my coffee cup.

I bolted the unit down with 5/16 inch anchor bolts in the front and used 2 of the screws that held down the original sofa in the back. That’s probably as secure as the original sofa, but I think the advice to add a safety chain is a good idea that I will adopt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7ECD9032-3CC4-4BE6-B393-32549FB12108.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	8595  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.