Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #18
JamJanTan

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
So sorry to hear. After having leaks and mold in a previous MH I learned to do leak checks and repairs myself and I do so every few months now. It not difficult or time consuming and has (so far, fingers crossed) kept water out all around. They don’t tell you when you buy these things that this maintenance MUST be done frequently and they certainly don’t tell you how to do it. But when you think about the large and heavy components bouncing and swaying down the road - and the use of “lightweight” materials needed to stay within the GVWR - it actually is no surprise that seals and seams would need service. Even regular house windows can need recaulking every few years and they sit still.

Do you have a special technique for these leak checks? Is it more than a meticulous visual inspection? What more than the obvious are you looking for?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.