Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 01:53 AM   #2523
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Reclining love seat

Maria and I went shopping or should I say looking at reclining love seats today. We've looked at the love seats made specifically for rv's and we don't really like them. They are to small for me and they just are not as comfortable as seats made for houses.

I'm not knocking the guys that bought rv love seats. They just aren't for me.
I'm 6'4" and the rv love seats are really made for 6' and under people. SO if I buy one I want it to fit me

We went to La-z-boy and their prices are crazy high. Plus they really didnt have anything we liked that was 68" or smaller. Went to two other stores and only one had a couple of options that might work.

One was a manual recliner with cloth upholstery, only $450, the other was power and leather, $1300.

The problem with both are the back rests are 42" high. This means the side valances for the window will have to be removed or shortened. Also the depth is bigger than stock and to recline they would have to be about 3" from the wall This will also make the love seat stick out more in the walkway. about 8" more before reclining.

Maria likes the cloth one better and I like the leather.

I took better measurements in the mh after returning and we'll go back to the store this week to look more.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum