Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTarzan View Post
Hi
Just curious what you all think about Scooters in place of a TOAD .
One of the main reasons we chose a Motorhome over a pull behind was so we can tow our boat .
I'm all set up to tow our Jeep Wrangler when the boat isn't coming but I'm contemplating getting a Scooter for boat trips.
I'm looking at a medium sized scooter in the 150cc range.
Does anyone have experience with carriers? Recommendations ?
I'm concerned about carrying in the front for airflow reasons... is that a real issue?
The Scooter I'm looking at weighs 250 lbs which is doable to carry in the back as the boat tongue weight is under 200 lbs.
I'm also curious about how popular scooters are amongst Motorhome people.
I've been watching on the road and don't see many on Motorhomes...is there a reason I'm missing ?
Seems like a great and fun way to get around town and stuff.
Thanks
Chris
We have been using a hitch mounted motorcycle steel carrier with a weight rating of 600 lbs. purchased on ebay. I have a 150cc scooter and a 550cc scooter and it depends on where we are traveling when deciding which scooter to bring. We live in Florida so the weather allows us to use them almost year round. We also have electric bicycles that we use when traveling to locations with bike trails or when we know we wont be traveling far from the motorhome.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.