Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #9
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomspen View Post
A newbie question. I put my Axis in the shop March 3 for a windshield replacement and just got it back today. When it went into the shop it was winterized. One other item they had to fix was the black and grey holding tank gauge lights were switched. I guess to fix this problem they had to de-winterize it because there was still water in the grey tank. So my questions is, if I turn on the hot water knob on any faucet and water flows that means that the hot water heater has water in it? To get hot water all I should have to do is turn on the hot water heat switch and let the water get hot.

Thanks for your understanding. I'm a first timer and the dealer could not go over these items at orientation because the unit was winterized.

Tom
Tom,

Water flowing through when the hot water faucet is turned on does not mean the water heater is full. The water heater could still be by passed allowing water to flow around the water heater.

The only way to know for sure is to either check the positioning of the valves on the by pass or connect to a water source and see if water comes out the pressure relief valve on the water heater as you carefully open it.

Do not turn the water heater on until you know it is getting water (especially the electric side). Running the water heater on electric without water will burn out the element.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum