Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #30
schreinertms

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirnot View Post
Kabutl asked that I post this info:

I installed a 10 Inch Quad view monitor in our Vegas as the dash mount is pretty much worthless when driving. It just can't be viewed safely. We are very happy with it. It was really easy to install, mostly plug and play into the existing connections under the dash panel. The trigger connections are easily traced using a volt meter and turning them on one by one. The cameras just plug in. The monitor shows 4 screens, one of course is blank cause there are only three cameras. When a turn signal is used or put in reverse, the screen goes full screen to that camera. You can configure to three screens but I didn't like the layout.
It is convenient and faces the driver. When preparing to turn in heavy traffic it is intuitive to check the screen you want as they are layed out as they look. if all is clear you then turn on the turn signal and get full screen.

The only thing that is flaky is the monitor seems to refresh itself every couple of minutes. Haven't figured out why, but will mess with it in warmer weather. I got the monitor from Rear View Safety.
Be prepared the documentation is almost worthless.
I assume you had to buy either a new switch box or conversion cables to go from RCA at the new monitor to the aviation/cannon connectors from the cameras. Do you know what you used and maybe a part number? The switch box that is in there now looks to only display one camera at a time so I assume that needs to be replaced?
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum