Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 12:34 PM   #11
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehobe1 View Post
Do you really think that if the units were made in the USA that a US manufacturer would have not also come up with the cheapest plastic solution the Chinese did to minimize cost? I have been saying for years that you cannot find good, lasting quality in products anymore. Everyone wants to purchase the cheapest, junkiest things out there! Look at US Thor owners; are we not one of the best examples for the same issues we are talking about? As I have said before, the RV I purchased in 1999 had fewer features than the coach I just purchased and basically at the same price as I paid in 1999. It did not have a motorized lowering bed, 3 cameras, automatic awning/, LED lighting, 3 TVs, tankless water heater, dual house battery, and a single piece frontal fiberglass structure! (it was a 30' 1999 Gulfsteam Class C).

We are all guilty here!
Indeed we are, however even back in 1999 the RV manufacturers were making junk. We had a 1999 Wilderness towable that completely fell apart--it didn't have any of the fancy stuff included today either. Got rid of it after only one season.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.